about vikkitwitter etc.Liste de tâchesblog archives


Saturday 16 February 2013
10 things I need in my life right now / Generic blog wishlist .(scribbled at 17:01 )

Not that my posts were overtly original in the first place, but I’m beginning to embrace the notion of waffling on about immaterial things I’m telling myself I must buy.

Sorry about that. I’ll make sure this doesn’t happen again.



Chanel Clutch; Price on Request

Right, I’ll get the most unrealistic out the way now. After excessive use, my favourite green backpack (c. 2010 Urban Outfitters Sale) has finally started crumbling. So I’ve been innocently keeping my eye out for a new bag. Admittedly, Karl Lagerfeld’s designs for Chanel may be a teeency bit out of my price range (and not exactly practical) BUT IT’S LEGO. Ohmigod.



Moleskine Notebook; £12.59

On the polar opposite end of the scale of realism, I need a new sketchbook. I use a Muji squared notebook for all architectural doodlings that I do, and on my last train ride up to Liverpool, my water leaked in my bag and ruined everything. That is, everything apart from my Moleskine notebooks, which remained completely unscathed in this ordeal… and thus increased my brand loyalty to them tenfold. Paper that magically resists water spillage? I’ll have some of that. Ideally their Folio edition notebook, which is enormous.



Bada Boom T Shirt; Zara; £15.99

Before I went to an event at The Photographers Gallery on Thursday night, I went for a wander in Zara (quelle surprise) and ended up buying another grey jumper and another pair of black trousers to add to the 3748954 already in my wardrobe. But grey jumpers are timeless, oui? Anyway, I tried on this lovely t-shirt and now regret not buying it instantly. What with the Lichtenstein retrospective at Tate approaching in LESS THAN 6 DAYS (WOWEEE) it seems that the great British High Street is like, all over this trend of Ben-Day dots and comic strips. I wanted this Philip Lim Lichtenstien-inspired sweater for months, but I'd have to forgo my monthly Oyster card and cycle everywhere instead. Pah!

'Pow' Comic Tights; Topshop; £8.50

Which brings me to #4 on my list. Admittedly, these sheer tights are on a par with the Lagerfeld clutch in terms of practicality, because we all know that anything less than 80 denier is inevitably going to get laddered before you’ve even reached the bus stop. Or front door…



Chocolate; Cocomaya; £3.50 (I think?)

I love Cocomaya. If I remember correctly, I raved on about their Chocolate Custard Morning Cake back when I first started blogging last year. I am still very much raving about their artisan delights, perhaps even more so now that I work in the vicinity of their Knightsbridge branch. I’m off to Amsterdam shortly, and I’m rather tempted to buy this to eat on the plane. Or eat it on my lunch break on Monday afternoon. Liquorice and hemp in white chocolate though? Slightly unorthodox for a chocolate flavour, but I imagine it tastes delicious all the same.



Alessi Luna Watch; Utility Design; £98

The last watch I owned was a plastic Minnie mouse one. Surprising as that may sound, that was a long time ago, and I’ve fallen into the dastardly habit of using my mobile to tell the time. I wish this wasn’t so, and I was saving up for a really striking Mondaine one, but I like this (slightly cheaper, thank God!) Alessi one. And I love Alessandro Mendini even more, who designed this classic beauty.


 

Crazy Color Hair Tint; £5.99

I was chatting over a cup of cheap filter coffee and (entire) packet of shortbread biscuits with a pal who works at another museum, who also endures the woes of dying her naturally brown hair bright blonde (cultured conversation at its finest, there folks). and I mentioned a Topshop AW campaign a few years back that featured candyfloss tinted hair, and how I’d love to trial out that colour. I love my grey hair, I really do but I am tempted to try this out for a month or two, providing it
is a semi perm and doesn’t make me look like I’m a rendition of Frenchy in Beauty School Dropout for life. 


Gif copyright: Tumblr.


Lancôme Mascara; Harrods; £22

I’m running out of mascara. My trusty tube of Lancôme’s Hypnôse Doll Eyes has started running out and it’s got to that point where I’ve been told at work 5 times in the past week that I look unwell since I stopped wearing it altogether. Doll Eyes is amazing, but I’d like to branch out to… Hypnôse Star. Which is virtually the exact same mascara. I’m so adventurous sometimes I shock myself.



Chloé Susanna Ankle Boots; Harvey Nichols; £795

Award for the 2nd most unrealistic goes to the SS2013 Chloé Susanna Boots. I blogged about these last month shortly after buying my Nighthawks from Office. But I cannot get enough of these powder blue ones, I’ve got this deluded image in my head of me skipping along in a grassy field wearing these whilst a long ethereal dress swishes about my hips in the tranquil breeze.

Brogues; Boden; £110
I can't seem to find a decent photograph- sorry!

Now, I spotted these as I perused through this month’s copy of Glamour. I got pretty damn excited (Powder Blue leather shoes recurrence, I know). Anyway, dear old Johnnie Boden stopped sending me his clothing catalogues many years ago when he cottoned on to the fact that I was a student and was merely using them to make collage. So when Glamour put this into their SS2013 editorial and labelled them up as only £34, I was on the verge of snapping them up in an instant. But after a quick check on Boden online, they are infact £110. Glamour have mislead me on my quest for blue shoes. Boo! 

Also, now that Valentine's day is over and lent is upon us, it means that there will be an abundance of discounted boxes of chocolates everywhere, hurrah! My Thursday night was spent at the Photographers' Gallery creating masses of collage, which was quite frankly, AMAZING. Inspired by the current Geraldo de Barros exhibition, we all created a large scale photographic collage (see picture at the very bottom). The image directly below is my contribution. I may have overloaded it a little with kitschy animals...



Labels: , , , , , , ,


about
diaristic ramblings about architecture, design, art, baking and shoes.

...all posts penned by Vikki, a twenty-something girl based in London (but currently having itchy feet and wanting to move back to Neuilly).

all these poorly taken photographs are indeed my own.


Vermeer's Victoria Sponge.