about vikkitwitter etc.Liste de tâchesblog archives


Wednesday 6 March 2013
Off to Amsterdam/See you next week. .(scribbled at 23:05 )

A few years ago, I had a job at a contemporary gallery which largely involved arranging itineraries, transportation and accommodation for an artist. As demanding a role as this sounds, it was actually one of the best experiences of working in galleries that I’ve had. The artist was an absolute pleasure to work with (and shared a love of patatas bravas, which can only be a good thing! I now work in a very different department, which is equally incredible, albeit a tad less glamorous at times: 


Now, fast forward a few years and it is a whole different story. I am meant to be on a flight to Amsterdam in 12 hours, and I have literally spent my entire evening pigging out on cakes and brownies due to stress. Along with the internet intermittently breaking, I am actually finding it somewhat impossible to check myself in for my own flight. This is ridiculous… I have become somewhat inept at confirming my own itinerary, but could manage someone else’s at complete ease a few years ago. Anyway, I was suddenly thinking about how this reminds me of my friend Lucy’s blog post, which is aptly titled “Stressed is Desserts Spelt Backwards”. That said, as much as I wanted to be a good blogger and post about a cake I made to help relieve stress, I’m going to have to ‘fess up and just admit that I ate a box of Sainsbury’s brownies and an entire Victoria Sponge to myself instead (see photograph*). Yes, as much as my waistline is not thanking me for either of those, at least I stayed loyal to the name of my blog, right? Hopefully, tomorrow afternoon will be spent with both Vermeer and Victoria Sponge at the Rijksmusuem. That’s if I manage to finally manage to navigate this online check in process….


In the meantime, it is my birthday this weekend and I’m currently in a quandary of what to treat myself to. It’s a pretty big birthday (boo!) but that means that splashing out is entirely justifiable. I’ve wanted a McQueen skull scarf for a fair few years now, but for the past few months I’ve became a little bit obsessed with the razor blade motif. I love this one fromHarvey Nicks, although I really can’t decide if I should be looking at an investment piece, like a watch, or something that I actually need.

I think I’m becoming too sensible for my own good.

*The rest of those delicious cakes in the photograph weren’t actually all scoffed by me. I shared the coffee and chocolate cakes with folk at work, for a bit of pre-birthday celebrations. The other box of brownies I gave to one of the homeless guys on Euston road.

Labels: , , ,


about
diaristic ramblings about architecture, design, art, baking and shoes.

...all posts penned by Vikki, a twenty-something girl based in London (but currently having itchy feet and wanting to move back to Neuilly).

all these poorly taken photographs are indeed my own.


Vermeer's Victoria Sponge.