about vikkitwitter etc.Liste de tâchesblog archives


Tuesday 28 February 2012
Sunny Monday at the V&A .(scribbled at 02:00 )

I don't think there's anything I like more than wandering aimlessly around the Victoria and Albert Museum in South Kensington.

I was lucky enough to be at a meeting there on Monday, so I spent a good part of the afternoon taking in parts of their collection that I don't normally pause to look at (like most people I know, I only tend to visit their temporary exhibitions). After their phenomenal Postmodernist exhibition last winter which I fell in love with, I am enormously hyped up for their design based one which opens at the end of March; showcasing masterpieces of British Design from 1948 to the present day. I actually can’t express how thrilled I will be when this show finally opens.

It was a glorious afternoon there, I revisited their Raphael room for this first time in ages, and find that it still astounds me even after all this time. It’s such an epic feeling, standing underneath all these magnificent pieces from many centuries ago. Ahhh, bliss.

I also checked out Cecil Beaton’s photographs of the queen (I think that exhibition runs until the end of April?) which is definitely worth looking round if you’re a royalist ;)


…by the way, a mere 5 days later I was back at the V&A, again. I could be a little hooked, no?

Reason for going that time: Golden Spider Silk Cape. ESSENTIAL viewing if you’re in London.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,


about
diaristic ramblings about architecture, design, art, baking and shoes.

...all posts penned by Vikki, a twenty-something girl based in London (but currently having itchy feet and wanting to move back to Neuilly).

all these poorly taken photographs are indeed my own.


Vermeer's Victoria Sponge.